Living Like the Maccabees!
A true Hanukah experience for the whole family! We’ll start the day by exploring the region of Modi'in, the ancient home town of the Maccabees Next, we’ll take a trip to a nearby organic goat farm where we’ll get up close and personal with goats, exotic birds and tortoises. Take a turn milking the goats, make your very own home-made cheese and press olives to make oil the way they used to do it in the days of the Maccabees. To finish off the day, we’ll go on a hunt to find the real ancient graves of the Maccabees, the heroes of the Hanukah story.
What’s included in the tour?
* The Ancient Tel of Modiin
* Chai Goat Farm on Moshav Mevo Modi’im
* A visit to the ancient Maccabean graves
- This tour is suitable for all ages.
- Comfortable shoes and warm dress are recommended.